The human eye is a magnificent device. Refined over millions of years of evolution, it's a highly specialized and effective organ that helps us hunt prey, spot berries, and notice and dodge swinging clubs. As humanity continued to evolve, however, we relied more on the tools we manufactured rather than the ones with which we were born.
Now we have more so-called "knowledge-workers" than ever, spending all day tied to desks, and staring at computer screens. We've traded sore backs and calluses for headaches and dry and tired eyes. You rub your eyes, and drip drops into them, but that doesn't really help, does it?
You see, high-efficiency fluorescent lighting and computer monitors in our offices are highly shifted towards the blue-end of the spectrum. The problem is, blue light focuses differently on the retina than the rest of the spectrum. Ever look at a blue LED and noticed a halo around the light? Staring at it gives you a headache, doesn't it? Guess why! Your eyes are straining to try and bring that fuzzy spot into focus, and they just can't!
What you need is a way to filter out some of those blues that give your eyes so much trouble. With amber lenses, Gunnar Computer Glasses shift that light to the warmer end of the spectrum, giving your tired eyes a chance to recover. Not only do they filter blue light, they also reduce glare, helping with eye strain even more.
Be more productive, working longer and harder than the other guys, and maybe you'll get that promotion before Doofus McDumbPants across the hall does. We hate that guy.Product Specifications
- Glasses specifically designed to reduce computer-related eyestrain
- Onyx-colored, injection-polymer frame
- Adjustable silicone nose pads provide a customizable fit
- Fastener-free hinge design and high tensile steel construction
- Gently-curved, ultra-slim temples distribute headphone pressure to ensure headset compatibility
- One piece front construction eliminates all welds, screws and other potential points of failure
- Flexible temples conform and ergonomically fit a wide range of head and face shapes
- Wide format lenses create a panoramic viewing field for high resolution viewing
- 58mm lens width x 15mm nose x 130mm temple
- Note: These will not fit over your current glasses. However, you can custom order them with your prescription lenses.